Below is a list of books and articles which have been curated by the Milton Coalition organizers and members.
- Iceland knows how to stop youth substance abuse but the rest of the world isn’t listening.
(Mosaic, Jan 2017 Author: Emma Young Photos: Dave Imms)
- National Academy of Sciences publication: The Health Effects of Cannabis and Cannabinoids: The current state of evidence and Recommendations for Research (2017)
Note: Pages S10-S16 provide an excellent summary of the findings about Cannibus (marijuana) and its impacts on human health and safety.
- Casual Marijuana Use Linked to Brain Abnormalities in Students
- Facing Addiction in America: The Surgeon General’s Report on Alcohol, Drugs and Health (November 2016)
- .E-cigarette Use Among Youth and Young Adults: A Report of the Surgeon General
- Binge Drinking by the American Academy of Pediatrics (Sept 2015)
- Recognize that addiction can happen to your child
- Mass. Revises Up The Number Of Opioid-Related Deaths In 2016
- Suicide: A Crisis in the Shadows (series)
- Dreamland: The True Tale of America's Opiate Epidemic by Sam Quinones
- The Teenage Brain: A Neuroscientist’s Survival Guide to Raising Adolescents and Young Adults
Frances E. Jensen, M.D. and Amy Ellis Nutt, 2016