What the Milton Coalition is Doing
Currently the work of the Milton Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition takes place under the auspices of two committees.
1. Community Activities
This committee plans community activities and programs meant to increase awareness and reduce stigma around substance abuse and mental illness
Contact: Deborah Milbauer
2. Coalition Planning and Community Assessment
This committee works to collect statistics and stories from and about the community that will help us prioritize our coalition’s strategies as we formulate our coalition’s Strategic Plan.
Contact: Laurie Stillman
We are collecting statistics and stories about the Town of Milton to better understand our strengths, our challenges and our needs in addressing substance abuse and mental health.
Here is what we are doing.
- We are collecting statistics on the prevalence of substance abuse and mental health disorders in our town to raise awareness and direct our efforts on the most pressing problems.
- We will be tracking our progress over time.
- We are holding focus groups (group interviews) with groups of residents (for example, students, parents, health care providers) to learn more about their knowledge, beliefs, needs, and concerns.
- We are conducting surveys as a means of gathering community input.
How you can help.
- Join one of our working committees
- Let us know if you would be willing to participate in a focus group.
- Come to our next meeting!