Support for family and friends
Issues related to substance abuse, addiction and mental health challenges affect family and friends every bit as much as the individual, but support resources can be difficult to find. Here are some suggestions.
Milton Public Schools Family Resources
Family Support Services
The Family Restored
- A support group run by addicts and alcoholics in recovery for families dealing with family members in the active stages of addiction.
- Family Restored is a closed meeting which meets at St. Michael's Church on Randolph Ave. on Mondays from 7-8:15pm.
Allies in Recovery
- AIR is an online-learning platform for families whose loved one struggles with drugs or alcohol. They provide community, personalized guidance, and a scientifically-proven program to give you the skill-set you’ll need to help your loved one.
- A peer-led support network for families dealing with addiction and recovery
- Groups for adults or teens who need support because their family members are struggling with an alcohol or drug addiction. Both organizations have Chapters at BID-Milton Hospital.
- A 12-step fellowship for the families and friends who feel desperation about destructive behavior of someone very near to them.
- Grief recovery after a substance abuse passing. Click the "meetings" tab to find Massachussets Chapters.
"The Sun Will Rise"
- Grief support after a substance or addiction death.
- Two Group; one meets in Braintree, the other in Quincy.
- For more information please contact Robyn Houston-Bean: