Addiction Recovery Resources
Milton Police and Fire Departments
Referral and Helpline Services
- Enter Zipcode for Facility Listing
The Massachusetts Substance Abuse Helpline
Mass. Suicide Hotlines
South Shore Mental Health Crisis Line
For Social Service and Mental Health Information and Referrals
- Dial 211
Town of Milton Resources
The Milton Board of Health
- Referral services available in and around the community.
- Free Biohazard Sharps containers to Police Department, Fire Department, and Schools for the safe disposal of discarded needles.
- Residents may bring used needles for disposal in a required Sharps container to the Board of Health. Small containers $4; Large containers $8. Cash or checks accepted.
For more information contact:
Caroline A. Kinsella, B.S.N., R.N. Health Director
Milton Board of Health
The Milton Police Department
617-698-3800 (Non-emergency number)
- Anonymous 24/7 self-service Medication Return Kiosk located in front lobby of the Milton Police Station.
Substance Abuse Resources
If you or someone you care about is experiencing substance abuse issues, here are some resources.
Youth Central Intake and Care Coordination (YCICC)
- Toll free: 866-705-2807
- Or 617- 661-3991
- TTY: 617- 661-9051
- Free and confidential help finding the right youth residential substance use treatment program or other services addressing youth substance use.
Massachusetts Organization for Addiction Recovery (MOAR)
- MOAR’s mission is to organize recovering individuals, families and friends into a collective voice to educate the public about the value of recovery from alcohol and other addictions.
Narcotics Anonymous - New England
Gavin Foundation Center for Recovery Services
- Holistic approach to addiction treatment, ages 14-22.
The Addiction Recovery Management Service (ARMS)
- ARMS provides rapid access to information for outreach and care management. Youth ages 14-26 and their families can be provided these services to assist in recovery from substance-related problems.
CASTLE (Clean and Sober Teens Living Empowered)
- A short-term treatment center committed to the prevention, treatment, and abstinence of drug and alcohol use in adolescents.
- 12 Step Programs for Individuals with a Substance Use Disorder The website lists meeting places and times listed by city/town
Highlanders Alcoholics Anonymous
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Milton, MA 02186
- the group Meets every Friday, at 7 p.m.
- A running club for those impacted by addiction.
Free and Low Cost Mobile Apps for Managing Addiction
Recovery Apps provide convenient and practical tools to help you in the recovery process. They can help you track sober time, manage triggers and emotions, find and share meetings, contact your sponsor discretely, receive daily inspirations and more. The Addiction Recovery Guide website offers a listing of mobile apps.: www.addictionrecoveryguide.org/resources/mobile_apps
Another recommended app is the SoberGrid App. Sober Grid is a free mobile app that connects you with other sober people. You are instantly connected to a global sober community in your neighborhood and around the globe. You can build strong sober support networks and inspire others.